Halloween ideas for the whole family!
This Halloween is certainly going to be different, but it doesn't mean we can't have fun.
I don't know about you, but I definitely dread carving the pumpkin. The mess, the knife, the dreaded "but mom, it doesn't look like what I wanted!" So, instead of pumpkin carving, we decorate. Maybe I'm lazy, but I like to call it efficient!
Every year we pick a theme (well at least I do!) and we have a blast. This year, we spray painted our pumpkins and added sparkles. It was super easy and much tidier than carving a pumpkin. The mess is easy to clean as long as you line your project with newspaper!
- Pumpkins in all sizes (the more, the merrier!)
- Outdoor spray paint
- Spray glue
- Any other decorative items your kids want to add!
Get Crafty & Creative
Perfectly painted pumpkins:
- Line garage or lawn with newspapers (I prefer the garage - door open of course - it provides extra protection from the wind)
- Spray one coat of paint and let dry - I like to include the stem
- Spray second coat and let dry
Glitter & Glow:
- Follow step one above
- I don't usually paint the pumpkins that I plan to bedazzle as you won't see the paint
- Lightly coat pumpkin with spray glue
- Sprinkle or dump (if you have kids) the glitter all around over the pumpkin
And voila! You've got a brand new Halloween tradition!